Author: Tony Poulter
It's World Cup year! The answers to these questions about the World Cup may be found by clicking on the spinning football below each one. You could write the answers down when you find them or you could try multi-tasking by clicking here and typing (or copying and pasting) the answers into a word processor. You could also copy and paste many related pictures into your document. Good luck!
1. "They think it's all over...............it is now!" Who said this?
2. We all know England won the World Cup in 1966 but who scored the goals for England?
3. Where are England playing their first three matches in Germany 2006?
4. What was the name of the World Cup mascot in England 1966?
5. What is the name of the World Cup mascot in Germany 2006? Who is Pille?
6. What was the name of the World Cup trophy in 1966? Who found it after it was stolen?
7. When was the first World Cup? Where was it played? Who won it?
8. Which song was a Number 1 hit for the England World Cup Squad? When?
9. Which band have produced the official England World Cup song for 2006? What is its title?
10. Which five African countries made a bid for the 2010 World Cup? Who was successful?
They think it's all over.............................it is now! So it must be time for some football fun! There's a nice online game you can try for a start called Dribble King that should test your directional skills. Then there's an interactive World Cup Quiz to test your knowledge of World Cup trivia. Why not relax and watch some Classic Videos showing outstanding moments from past World Cup tournaments? Or try the Fun and Games at the official FIFA World Cup website. It's the next best thing to being there!