The answers to these questions about the Solar System may be found by clicking on the link below each one. You could write the answers down when you find them or you could try a spot of multi-tasking by clicking here and typing in the answers as you find them. Good luck!
1. Complete the Solar System Jigsaw (Planet Level). List the planets in order starting with the closest to the Sun.
2. Only one spacecraft has visited Mercury. What was its name?
3. Why can the surface of Venus not be seen? What is the temperature on the surface?
4. Find the Earth and click on it. How far is it from the Sun? What are the hottest and the coldest recorded temperatures?
5. How heavy is Jupiter? What is the "Great red spot"?
6. Watch the movie about Mars (do the quiz while you wait for it to load). Why is it known as the "red planet"? What are its moons called?
7. Travel the Solar System with Arty the Part-Time Astronaut. Go to Saturn and click on "info" when you get there. What are Saturn's rings made of? Saturn is not heavy at all, it is very light. How light?
8. Go to the Virtual Solar System and click on Uranus? What is its most remarkable feature? How long does it take to orbit the Sun?
9. Click on Neptune. What happens to this planet every 238 years?
10. Your weight would not be the same on other planets. How much would you weigh on Pluto?
Now you have answered these questions, how about some games? Click here to visit the Space Place at NASA. Have fun!