The answers to these questions about The Lord of the Rings may be found by clicking on the link below each one. You could write the answers down when you find them or you could try a spot of multi-tasking by clicking here and copying these questions into a word processor and typing in the answers as you find them. Good luck!
1. Using the Interactive Map of Middle Earth zoom in on South Farthing. Where is Bag-End?
2. What was Tolkien's full name? When did he live? When did he publish THE LORD OF THE RINGS ?
3. THE LORD OF THE RINGS is now a film. View the cast list and find out who plays Frodo Baggins. Which character does the actor Ian Holm play?
4. How did Tolkien invent all those names for people, places and things?
5. Look up "Gollum" and "Precious" in the Encyclopedia of ARDA. What did Gollum used to be called? What was his "Precious"? Who took it from him?
6. Find your Hobbit Name. Don't be shy - what is it?
7. Visit "The Middle-Earth Encyclopedia". Type the word "Bombadil" into the search box. Describe him.
8. Visit "The Tolkien Monster Encyclopedia". Find out about these creatures: (a) Shelob, (b) a Balrog and (c) the Nazgul. Write a brief description of them.
9. The the poem "The One Ring". How many rings were held by (a) the Elves, (b) the Dwarves and (c) Men?
10. THE LORD OF THE RINGS is not Tolkien's only book. Find the titles of three of his other books.
When you have answered all of these questions why not have some fun and games at The Shire. You enjoy THE LORD OF THE RINGS wordsearch and hangman game but you will really love the paddleball!
Thanks to Tony Poulter for this Cyberhunt